Mango & Brie Quesadillas With Yogurt-Lime Dip
Lime Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blend sour cream, lime juice and salt with a fork until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl or individual ramekins and refrigerate.
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 Serrano chile, or 2 Jalapeno chiles, seeds removed and diced small
- (If you don’t like the spice, try finely diced cucumber)
- 2 scallions (green onions), trimmed and chopped small
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 Oz. Brie or Camembert, sliced into as thin as possible strips (works best when very cold straight from the fridge; rind removal optional)
Mix chopped chiles, scallions and cilantro in a bowl and set aside.
Now the Cook N Dine Part. Whats That? Don’t have a Cook N Dine Grille. Give us a call.
After warm-up on 5 (orange light off) set temperature to #8 or #9 (varies by model).
When reached, place 1 tortilla onto the dry cooking center and bake from both sides until it just begins to brown. Move tortilla into the warming area, cover with a lid (or use a warming device) and repeat with the others. (If your tortilla expands like a blowfish, poke it with a fork to release the hot air.)
Reduce heat to 7, place a couple of cheese strips on the tortilla (glue for the mango) and spread half of the mango slices evenly over it. Top with half of the chiles, scallions, cilantro and cover with more Brie strips. Place a second tortilla on top, apply gentle pressure from the top, and cover with a domed pan lid (glass frying pan lid works fine). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Carefully flip Quesadilla over, cover again and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
Transfer Quesadillas to a large, flat plate or board, let sit for 1 minute. Then slice into 6 or 8 wedges (like a pizza) with a very sharp knife. Start cutting from the center, working outward. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Cook N Dine.