A recent analysis of kitchen trends by one of the largest manufacturers of kitchen cabinets in North America offers some interesting insights to help you plan your kitchen remodel.
- 59% of kitchen renovations involve changing the kitchen’s footprint to be more open and to include other rooms in the home.
- 49% of kitchen remodels increase the kitchen size.
- Islands continue to be among the most requested feature. The most popular uses of islands are as follows: entertaining, seating and meal preparation
The hottest kitchen technology trends include:
The top design motifs for 2018 are:
- Mixing materials is another hot trend with 49% of designers stating that they believe mixing an opaque with a stain is a top 2018 trend.
- Another hot trend is a contemporary look that mixes metals with traditional accent pieces.
- Cherry and maple continue to dominate stained cabinet sales, but there is a growing trend for wood finishes that show more grain and character.
Trends on the watch list include:
The leading cabinet enhancements are:
To learn how you can capitalize on new technologies, storage solutions and the latest industry trends to help create a dream kitchen, please give us a call at (610) 262-7235 or visit our showroom at 5585 MacArthur Road Whitehall, PA 18052. Visit 24/7 at www.directkitchen.com.